Friday, July 1, 2011

My Fresh Raspberry & Basil Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Buttercream

Luscious, juicy, fresh ruby-red raspberries, and the sweet taste of fresh basil ~ the flavours I used in one of my latest creations, a scrumptious, rich (but NOT heavy!), coffee cake.


♥ This is one of the most delicious coffee cakes I’ve ever made ♥
The marriage of fresh raspberries and basil is perfect! It was inspired by a delicious raspberry-basil jam I purchased from a lovely auberge in Quebec’s Eastern Townships. To make it even more special, I made a rich cream-cheese frosting which I flavoured with fresh lemon zest and vanilla.

Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or afternoon tea in the garden!

Just to tempt you, here are a few more photos:


The fresh tastes of summer! Juicy, ruby-red raspberries, and fresh basil.
 The cake is easy to make. It has a wonderful texture, somewhere between a cake and a buttermilk muffin, which is divine when it's warm from the oven. It you want to serve it warm, then serve the cream cheese buttercream in a bowl on the side.


Impossible to resist with a perfect cup of tea or a delicious latte!

Here is the link to the recipe on my gourmet webzine: EpicureanPiranha.com.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi

      So sorry for this late reply! I had posted the recipe on my gourmet webzine but forgot to update my link here. If you click on the link above at the bottom of the post, you'll go straight to the recipe.

      Wishing you a delicious week,

      ~ marie

      Delete
  2. complimenti davvero un bel dolce!! A presto da Agata

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Agata ~

      Mi dispiace per questa tardiva risposta! Avevo postato la ricetta sul mio webzine gourmet ma ha dimenticato di aggiornare il mio link qui. Se si fa clic sul link qui sopra nella parte inferiore del post, andrete direttamente alla ricetta.

      Vi auguro una grande settimana,

      ~ marie

      Delete

Hi ~ thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! I'll reply as soon as I can ~ Epi