Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Message of Love on Mother's Day ♥

Mother's Day is a very special day for me, because I have the dearest, most loving Mother one could hope for!


Always my champion, Mom has been my staunchest supporter and ally, in everything I've undertaken. When others failed me, she's always been there with warm words of support. She's been the first to celebrate my victories, and always been my guiding light in my darkest hours ...

♥ Mom holds me tenderly in her arms ~ Christmas 1956, I was 15 months old ♥

More than a Mother, she is is a close friend and confidente. A beautiful, strong woman, who radiates sunshine and warmth all around her when she laughs or smiles ~


Christened Rose-Blanche, which means white rose, she could not have been called by a sweeter name! She wears it so well, because she's the Sweetest Rose I know!

"A mother holds her children's hands for a while...their hearts forever."

~ Author Unknown

♥ In Celebration of All the Wonderful Women I Know ♥

Alas, I'm not a professional writer, and far from being a clever wordsmith! So I've tried to find words that could express my feelings for her from the many beautiful things have been said about mothers ...

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden,
fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends
who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken
around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts
and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."

~ Washington Irving (1783-1859)

Epi's Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Caramelized Lemon Glaze

I'm sending You all my Love on Mother's Day, Dearest Mom ♥ You will always be so very close to my heart!

And I wish all mothers a Very Special Day this Mother's Day!

Love,

marie, the EpicureanPiranha

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tribute Marie and that photo of you and your mother takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Diane, for your lovely message ~

    I love that image as well! There were a few I prefered though, but the negatives must have been damaged and stained and the scanned results were not very good, and I couldn't do anything with them. We're so lucky today to have digital photography!

    Hugs,

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, I'm so touching on your old picture when U were a baby on ur Mom's hug.... Thx for stopping by to my blog.. I like urs too ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Citra! Thank you so much for stopping by and posting this lovely message ♥ I'm looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful food photography and recipes!

    Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

    ~ marie

    ReplyDelete

Hi ~ thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! I'll reply as soon as I can ~ Epi