Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Springtime Frittata & Citrus Salad

The lovely month of May, when springtime has finally begun to settle in. Birds are singing, flowers are sprouting, and there’s a lightness in the air    I was in the mood for something as fresh and light as spring, which has taken so long to arrive!

Serve the frittata, cut in wedges, with the fresh citrus salad or a green salad if you prefer.
I had a nice selection of green vegetables and fresh herbs on hand, and some small, cooked new potatoes left over from dinner the night before. These ingredients, and a large box of pretty, juicy, and very sweet Jaffa Clementines I’d purchase two days ago, inspired my springtime brunch!

This simple Clementine salad is pretty and so fresh!
This would be perfect as part of A Mother's Day Brunch :-)

Freshly published on my Gourmet Webzine, EpicureanPiranha ~ enjoying life in tasty bites!™, where you'll find the illustrated, step-by-step recipe, along with serving suggestions.

Thank you for your Foodie Love and continued support, dear friends ~ have a delicious day ♥

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That citrus salad sounds so refreshing. The flavor combo is great...Love the mint in it. I just planted some in my garden and can't wait to start adding it to dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen ~ thanks so much for your lovely comment! I love fresh mint in food because of the freshness it brings! I love the way it's used in Vietnamese cuisine, which has inspired me to use it in some of my own Asian dishes! How lovely to be able to pick some in your own garden whenever you need some!

      Take cake and have a great day!

      ~ marie

      PS I had posted this reply as a message on May 7th, 2011, because I couldn't find another way of replying at the time. So thought I'd send the message again - apologies if you had already seen it!

      Delete

Hi ~ thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! I'll reply as soon as I can ~ Epi